The Nation's Best Summer Camps
Level UP Tech Camps are the best way to introduce students to STEM education. Students will discover new tech skills in an energetic, kid friendly learning environment. Students can expect a commonsense mix of instructions, breaks, social times, team building, outdoor play, optional sports and other creative tech activities. Our goal is to expose children to computer science in a way that builds their confidence and encourages life-long learning.
Important Camp Notes
- Please label with camper’s name.
- They must be turned into Camp Coordinator at check-in (includes prescription / non-prescription)
- They must be in their original packaging/bottle
- You will be required to fill out a Medication Authorization Form
- Closed-Toe Shoes
- Campers will NOT be able to participate in running games without this footwear.
- Feel free to send your camper with a pair of flip flops for indoor activities.
- Sun Protection
- Hat (recommended)
- Sunglasses (optional)
- Water Bottle
- We encourage our campers to drink between 5-8 cups per day.
- Snacks and Lunches
- Please provide campers with snacks and a lunch. Some locations will have access to cafeterias. Please contact the local school to ask for their cafeteria hours.
- USB stick or thumb drive to save their work
- Mobile Devices. Students are welcome to bring their own mobile devices for use outside of camp class hours. Coding Camp is not responsible for lost of stolen devices. Students should only play games that are rated “E” during camp hours to protect curious younger children.
A typical day of camp looks like this:
Check in between 8:45 and 9
9:00-9:15 Mixer game to help the campers get to know each other.
9:15-10:15 Computer time. (Since our classes are based on the abilities of the campers, not every camper will work on the same programs. We will do our best to make sure your child is learning, and having a great time. We will often try different learning platforms with the campers until we find the one that connects with them.)
10:15-10:30 “Recess” Students step away from their computers, eat their morning snack and hang out. We offer board games and Ga Ga Ball for them to play during breaks. Weather permitting we head outside.
10:30-12:00 Back on the computers
12:30-1:00 Students hang out.
2:00-2:15 Log Out & Pick up, or playing on your own devices until students are picked up.
Students must be picked up prior to 2:30pm.
- Late parents will be charged $1/minute after 2:30 pm. No exceptions.
- Parents are encouraged to pick up their camper between 2:00pm – 2:30 pm.
- Please alert your Camp Coordinator if you are running late.
- Check-Out is 2:00pm – 2:30pm
- No curb-side pickups. Parent/Guardian must come inside to check-out camper.
- Must show photo ID and be on the Check-Out Authorization Form.
- If your plans change and your camper will be picked up by someone not on the Check-Out Authorization Form, you must notify us in writing. Email your Camp Coordinator.
- Meds must be returned to the parent/guardian. They will not be sent home w/ campers.
- Late Check-Out Policy
- Parents will be charged $1/minute after 2:30pm.
- Any behavioral issues will be discussed at this time.
Arguing, swearing, refusing to listen, being inappropriate, personal space issues.
- 1st incident:
- Time out, removal from activity or loss of privileges, followed by debrief.
- 2nd incident:
- Time out, removal from activity or loss of privileges, followed by debrief. Meeting with Camp Coordinator and Summer Director. Brainstorm possible solutions. Phone call home to update parents to work on solutions together.
- 3rd incident:
- Time out, removal from activity or loss of privileges, followed by debrief
- Phone call home by Camp Director and likely removal from camp*
Violence (i.e. hurting others, self, or property); stealing or threatening violence.
- 1st incident:
- Meeting with Unit Leader and Summer Camp Director to brainstorm possible solutions.
- Phone call home to parents/guardians and to work on solutions. Consequence and behavior contract or removal from camp*.
- 2nd incident:
- Removal from camp*
* Removal from camp
Any camper removed from camp will need to be picked up from camp immediately by their parent. They will not be permitted to to finish out the day. They will be removed from all activities and wait with the Camp Director for your arrival. If you are unable to pick them up, a ride will be arranged with one of your emergency contacts.
As part of the daily routine, staff encourages campers to take responsibility for their belongings and will display Lost & Found.
Any items left at camp after the session are kept at that location for 2 weeks. To claim lost items, please call/email your Camp Coordinator. Once camp has finished for the season, we will be unable to return lost items.
Have a description of the item(s) including:
- camper’s full name
- phone number
- camp session dates
Claimed items will be held for two weeks and must be retrieved from camp. Please assist us with Lost & Found by labeling everything with your camper’s full name. Valuables and meaningful items should be kept home for safe keeping.
Level UP is not responsible for lost or stolen items.